American Eagle sweatshops


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Illinois » Chicago
May 1st 2014
Published: May 1st 2014
Edit Blog Post

While doing research on sweatshops, I was very unaware and surprised on how many companies were associated with sweatshops. What I mean by this is that their stuff was made by the hand and these people worked in terrible conditions. As crazy as it my sound American eagle was one of the countries that were associated with sweatshops. However at first they weren't but they had made a couple of products for them American Eagle liked it and then thats when they decided to join. Although you may know that people who work in sweatshops were treated very wrong, American decided that they were going to change that when they became apart of the sweatshop movement. Which I think is very considerable given the fact that other major companies that are making probably a lot more money like nike don't really care about the condition that their workers work in their only in it for the money. So for American eagle stand up and try to change that is stunning. However I think that American eagle products doesn't necessarily have to be made in cheap labor, I think that they should have just kept whatever they were doing to make their products, because although they are trying to improve the conditions that the people work in to make the products it might not be established as quick as possible. When watching the videos about how people were treated and also how some of the owners of these major companies didn't care was ridiculous. With that being said I feel that American eagle should have stuck with what they were with and ignored sweatshops. It has a bad look on your company!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.17s; Tpl: 0.017s; cc: 9; qc: 48; dbt: 0.0731s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb