Comparing Countries


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Illinois » Chicago
March 6th 2014
Published: March 6th 2014
Edit Blog Post

When people think of the North America, they usually think about the United States and Canada. In addition to that, they think about the conflicts that have occurred over who gets to keep Justin Bieber, but this blog is not about that. It is about their HDI rankings. The U.S and Canada are very different in terms of politics and environment; however, thy are similar in HDI standing. The United States has an average year of schooling of 13.3 years. Canada has an average year of schooling of 12.3 years. The United States and Canada have an average yearly income of 43,480 and 35,396, respectively. They also have a life expectancy of 78.7 and 81.1, respectively. The United states HDI ranking is 3 and Canada is rank 11. Even through Canada's life expectancy is higher that the United States, Canada is still a lower rank because the United States beats them in most of the other categories. Canada would be classified as a advanced county because of their success in all of the categories that make up their HDI score.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.15s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 9; qc: 47; dbt: 0.0555s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb