A6 - RIHLA #27


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Illinois » Chicago
May 27th 2013
Published: May 27th 2013
Edit Blog Post

Article Title: Feel guilty for taking leave? You're not alone.

1. This event is taking place in Tacoma which is located in Pierce County, Washington.

2. A person named T.T. wanted to take time away from his job to see his widowed father who was suffering from Alzheimer's. He had the responsibility of having to move his father to a nursing home so his father can be properly taken care of, and he also has to put his house on sale afterwards. His co-workers, however, had other plans for him. They didn't like the idea of him going away when they had many deadlines to meet, and they need him there to help them. There was clearly a big pressure to finish them! Their attitude was really not the right one when it was T.T.'s father. He should be there for his father instead of someone else taking his place.

3. The human right that was being violated was Worker's Rights, because the boss and his co-workers aren't allowing T.T. to take time off his job for an important family problem that he need to attend to.

4. My thoughts on this issue is that it really is unfair for T.T. He should have the right to see his father and help deal with the responsibility of taking care of his father. Even though he is letting the team down for a few days, it's alright. At least it's not all the time and I'm sure he works hard on his job every day. I don't think enough is being done. What I suggest T.T. do is sit down with his co-workers and discuss how he can contribute to finish the work that needs to be done to meet the deadlines. If he can't make it, work it out by asking how he can collaborate on the next project and also what extra work he can handle after he gets back.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.104s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 5; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0801s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb