Rihla #23 The Government and Its Promises...


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Illinois » Chicago
April 14th 2013
Published: April 16th 2013
Edit Blog Post

<strong style="font-size: 12px; line-height: 18px; color: #cc0000;">Do you think a government should be responsible for abiding by the commitments that its predecessors made?

<strong style="font-size: 12px; line-height: 18px; color: #cc0000;">I believe our government should be responsible for its commitments. In the early 1800's, the newly formed U.S. government made many covenants with the Native Americans regarding land, education, and health benefits. Many Native Americans today live on reservations, or land only reserved for their people. However, there is much controversy on wheather or not the government should bend the rules and build on the reservations or take the land away. I think instead of going back on the commitments, the government should keep doing what it has been doing. They should make new covenants that involve the Native Americans. Just because some societies have changed does not mean that others have. Taking away the promise would not be just and plain unfair to the Native Americans.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.067s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 5; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0387s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb