RIHLA #21


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Illinois » Chicago
March 7th 2013
Published: March 7th 2013
Edit Blog Post

1. If i had to choose in either the old world or the new world, i would choose the old world ecause of many reasons. One of my first reasons is because there is much more food. Becauseof all the food, it will be easier to survive. All the fruits and vegtables can be easily grown and planted again. There would also be more variety of meats which means your bound to eat some type of meat, not only fruits and vegtables. Also because there is also more variety of things, you could mix things up and make difrent kinds of creations. That is why i would rather live in the old world instead of the new world.

2. A family recipe i got was making enchiladas:

<li class="ingredient">corn tortillas<li class="ingredient">28oz of red enchilada sauce<li class="ingredient">2 cups of mozzarella or queso blanco<li class="ingredient">1 1/2 cups meat (optional) shredded beef or chicken<li class="ingredient">2-3 tablespoons oil



In order to make them, you have to have a cooking pan. First, you make the sauce, then shred up the cheese. After that, put the pan on the stove and put oil in it. You then fry the tortillas then after that, you dip the tortillas in the suace then put cheese and wrap it up like a taco. Then if you like more cheese, you can add additional cheese to them. Thats how you make enchiladas.

I guess this represents more of the new world. It uses corn from the new world to make the tortillas, and chilli pepper to make the sauce. I dont think it really uses anything from the old world besides if you are gunna make them with chicken.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.054s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 5; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0356s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb