RIHLA#21


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Illinois » Chicago
March 7th 2013
Published: March 7th 2013
Edit Blog Post

1. If I had to choose which world to live in, it will be old world because it seems they had more resources food wise and a wide variety of it. Hiting on that idea there are more animals that can be used to provide different types of foods.

2. The family recipe I was given was chilaquilles. The ingredients are: chile quajillo 1lb, 1/2 tablet of chocalate abuelita, 2 cloves of garlic, salt, black pepper, 1 bag 16oz. of tortilla chips, 1lb. of quezo chihuahua sliced, 8oz. of queso fresco 1 avocado, crema mexicana. How to make this is first soak the chiles in hot water until soft. Next in a blender, blend the chiles, chocalate tablet, garlic, salt, pepper to taste. Add water to blender to cover chiles. Blend on high. Next in a strainer, strain the sauce. Then in a medium pot add the strained sauce, heat over medium heat, bring to a simmer. Add tortilla chips (make sure all chips are covered with sauce). Add 1 layer of chihuahua cheese over the chips and sauce. Cover the pot heat on low until the cheese has melted. Then it is done. Serve with fresco, avocado slices, and crema to your liking. I believe it represents both worlds because cheese come the old world because its cows that create it and chile that came from the new world.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.124s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 5; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0936s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb