A2 RIHLA #20


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Illinois » Chicago
March 4th 2013
Published: March 5th 2013
Edit Blog Post

1.Piracy continues to exist in the modern world because of the pirate economy that is currently thriving in Somalia. The pirates in Somalia hijack and attack ships, which result in hundreds of millions of dollars being stolen.

2. Piracy has changed from earlier times of exploration in many different ways. For example, Piracy now uses advanced technology that can pinpoint exactly what is around your area that is within a radios that can stretch certain amount of miles. Pirates today also use much more heavy weaponry, much larger boats, and speedier attack craft.

3. Authorities are combating the problem by attacking the Somalian pirates head on with anipiracy armies. The antipiracy armies raided Somali pirates in the pirates' home base. There are also patrols in the Indian Ocean to combat the pirates. However, there are other solutions. Instead of raiding in on pirates, there should have been some kind of treaty that could have been formed. It could have been better to talk it out with the pirates since, when retaliation occures, all that is being accomplished is just "poking the beast," or infuriating them even more. They will continue their assaults. By raiding them, the pirates will have more reasons to continue their assaults.

4. Yes, piracy is, in some cases, justifiable. Piracy is justifiable when it is occuring for a better cause. For example, piracy is justifiable when the people being pirated have dangerous plans with they are going to execute using their cargo. These are the people that need to be stopped.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.058s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 5; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0394s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb