A2 RIHLA 20


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Illinois » Chicago
March 4th 2013
Published: March 4th 2013
Edit Blog Post

1. The article, Piracy at Sea, describes current piracy in our modern world. In Somalia, for example, pirates have been known to attack other ships and demand a great amount of money from passengers. Piracy has become very destructive to the authorities and it has caused the waters of Somalia to become one of the most dangerous shipping lanes in the world.

2. From the 17th century until today, piracy has evolved from earlier times of exploration. The most significant changes in piracy nowadays are: the use of GPS for easier navigation; the technology of faster boats; and the use of better weapons like machine guns.

3. According to the passage, there have been a few attempts in stopping the pirates that terrorize the coasts of Somali and other regions. The authorities attempts at stopping piracy, however, were ineffective. One of their attempts involved the gathering of a highly trained fighting force.I do not think there are other solutions to this problem because pirates are ruthless and destructive; They will not follow any laws.

4. In my opinion, piracy is never justifiable in any given time period because pirates are taking away what is not theirs. Pirates are stealing valuable items that could be worth a lot to others. These priceless items are being taken away from hard workers.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.115s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 5; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0452s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb