RIHLA #18


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Illinois » Chicago
February 20th 2013
Published: February 20th 2013
Edit Blog Post

1. The main point in this article is that many people are losing intelligance with maps daily. They say that the more people use GPS systems, the more they become dependent to them. Becoming dependent on a GPS system is not good because it can break or it sometimes could give you information that could change the original way you knew how to get to a certain place. These systems only give you a start point and an end point, they do not give you all the things/places inbetween. We as people need to know all these things that are not being mentioned in a GPS system.

2. My reaction to this article was shocking. I was schocked because i didnt know that the more that people use GPS the more memory they lose with mental maps. It might take some time, but i think that everybody should look at actual maps and start builing up their mental maps. This will be helpful because they wouldnt have to rely on technolegy to get around places, they will automatically know the directions using their mental maps.

3. This relates to future classes because its basically stating that people need to become less dependant on technolegy and rely more on their knowledge. So students will learn better when taught then by technolegy. The more knowledge they have in their brain the less they will have to use technolegy to get answers.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.074s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 5; qc: 44; dbt: 0.054s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb