A4 RIHLA #1


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Illinois » Chicago
September 20th 2012
Published: September 21st 2012
Edit Blog Post

why do women still earn less than men?although there has been such thing called an evolution since the end of prehistory,there have always been various inequalities that are still in effect to this day. one inequality is gender inequality. it can even be traced back all the way to the begining of the neolithic period, where there were certain expectations of a woman and certain expectations of a man. now, due to these age old expectations, men have been rewarded with higher pay than women. many may argue the opinion that the difference in pay is completely logical because women tend to lean towards the lesser paying jobs unlike men, but this statement has been disproved in various ways. in the article,why do women still earn less than men, i realized that there was one specific theme that stood out while reading this article and it was society because the reason why there is such a difference in pay between a woman and a man is because of societys views on wages and the mindset of how men are seen as more dominant so they shhould be paid more than women because the kitchen is where a woman belongs, which is not true at all because woman have become more independent and that is what the aricle is trying to state as well as what i am trying to prove. yet, even after reading the article , the question of why a man get paid more than a woman still linger. it makes me want to learn more about how this mindset of how a man is more dominant than a woman became a norm for society. the fact that this major question has not been answered makes me aslso wonder if people even desired to help change this issue. hopefully, this issue will be resolved.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.215s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 5; qc: 44; dbt: 0.1773s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb