RIHLA #22


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Illinois » Chicago
March 11th 2012
Published: March 11th 2012
Edit Blog Post



Condolences, questions over Afghan shootings




http://www.cnn.com/2012/03/11/politics/us-afghanistan-reaction/index.html?hpt=hp_t1

1. Summarize your article

The article talks about the recent shooting one U.S soldier did. The American soldier randomly decided to kill innocent Afghan people. U.S president express his sadness on the actions of the soldier. Obama states that the soldier involved in the shooting will be fully responsible under the law because nothing justifies the soldier's actions. Democrats believe it is time to begin moving all the American soldiers out of Afghanistan. Also, others believe that we, America, needs to find a way to obtain oil and allow Afghanistan to funtion on its own.

2. How does your current event relate to topics or ideas that we have discussed in world history. Explain fully.

The current event relates to several topics in world history. For starters, it shows how war has made several people do insane things. The soldier is probably trying to find a way to leave Afghanistan. Also, how far people are willing to go to be able to reach a stable place. For instance, the soldier's action had to be for a reason of his own.

3. Is there evidence of cause and effect in your article? How so?

The reason American soldiers are in Afghanistan is because of the 9-11 attacks. Also, the reason why American soldiers are currently still in Afghanistan.

4. What powerful questions does your article make you ask? What information do you need to answer these questions?

The actual reason as to why the soldier killed several innocent people. The soldier shoild give a interview stating his reason for his actions.

How long the soldiers currently in Afghanistan have been there for?

Advertisement



Tot: 0.188s; Tpl: 0.019s; cc: 6; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0844s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb