RIHLA #19


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Illinois » Chicago
February 22nd 2012
Published: February 22nd 2012
Edit Blog Post


• What are some of the reasons that books are banned in high schools?



Some of the reason is becasue some book have sexual, ethnically and valgores language. They think that this book are not related to school and can make an impact on students.


• Do you agree with any of these reasons? Explain.



i do not agree with these reason to ban the books with this contents because this is context really connects to the real life.It may be harmful to some people or parents but its better from students to learn the reality in school than in other places or reading behind their back with out knowing.


• What reasons do you NOT agree with (this means that you think high schoolstudents SHOULD be able to read about these topics). Why?



i think that they should be allow to read this book for it is context that they will learn in a way.


• Who do you think pressures teachers on what they should or shouldn't teach?



i think that teacher or the ones who are control with the school and also the school rules are the pressures teacher on what they should or shouldnt teach.


• If one wanted to fight against book censorship, explain at least one way in which they could do so.



i think i would of write a letter saying why we should be allow to read this book and they attack the paper i will put a petition with the signatures of students or people that agree.




• Any other additional thoughts or comments? No


Advertisement



Tot: 0.056s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 5; qc: 44; dbt: 0.036s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb