RIHLA #19


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Illinois » Chicago
February 20th 2012
Published: February 20th 2012
Edit Blog Post

What are some of the reasons that books are banned in high schools?

- There were several reasons for a book to be banned. One of those reasons was that the book contained vulgar language. Other reasons were the following: drugs, social class, religion, sex, bias, and violence.

<br style="color:� font-family: arial, sans-serif; font-size: 13px; line-height: normal;" />Do you agree with any of these reasons? Explain.

- No I do not. I think that people who write books have the right to write books on their own free will. I agree with the statement that books and the right to write falls under the first amendment.<br style="color:� font-family: arial, sans-serif; font-size: 13px; line-height: normal;" /><br style="color:� font-family: arial, sans-serif; font-size: 13px; line-height: normal;" />What reasons do you NOT agree with (this means that you think high school students SHOULD be able to read about these topics). Why?

- high school students should be allowed to read these books. I think that these books should not be banned because soon they will be going off to college and may have to be in that situation. If they read books like this, they know what to expect or how to handle things as well as know how to ask for help.



Who do you think pressures teachers on what they should or shouldn't teach?

- I think that parents of their students pressure the teachers what to teach. The parents are the ones who approve of what their child is doing. Some may not feel comfortable with the books that their child is learning.

If one wanted to fight against book censorship, explain at least one way in which they could do so.

- I think they could if they have a strong reason. One reason could be that their child had a negative influence like they began to do drugs and has almost reach a point in which they almost lost their like or things like that. Otherwise, I think books of all kinds should be read.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.127s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 5; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0375s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb