RIHLA #17


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Illinois » Chicago
February 5th 2012
Published: February 5th 2012
Edit Blog Post

Castiglione's description of an ideal man seems to be a positive veiw of what a man should be. I agree with Castiglione's description because a man should be brave and adventureous. These characteristics define a man. In society back when Castipilione was alive man played all the major roles in society. They were the farmers, merchants, mlitary officials, and political figure. These men needed to be brave in order to completely accomplish thier roles. In todays society there is slight differences but a male part still has a role in the decitions. All the leaders have been males and their is a larger deployment of males in war.

I believe Castiglione thought men in this manner becaus eof the large rols men had during his life time. They ruled over citizens, participated in war, and had a larger focus on the family dependency.

I beleave it is better to rule with fear. Unfortunatly love will not alway prosper in a hate filled world. Fear helps unite people even if it is for the wrong reasons. Fear also goes farther in getting things done while love only gets you so far.

The leader I beleaved lead by fear in the course of history was Hitler. He was a comunist that lead Nazi Germany into the forfront of power. Hitler himself came to power by causeing fear in those who followed him. He cared for the German people but he still ruled with an iron fist. In history people, even from Germany, fled the rule of Hitler. He killed those who refused to acknoledge his power. He was a cruel person but his bravery lead to the power that Germany gained.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.114s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 6; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0317s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb