Fall in Chicago


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Illinois » Chicago
October 15th 2011
Published: October 15th 2011
Edit Blog Post

I'm back (home) to Chicago, after too long an absence away. This fall has been particularly beautiful, and leaves are turning alluring shades of yellow, orange, and bring red before floating gently unto the ground. When viewed collectively, it is quite a break-taking sight.

Those of you from the East Coast and Midwest may laugh at me marveling at the simple concept of leaves turning color before the cold winter months, but this is my third autumn in Chicago, and I still cannot get over how amazing this phenomenon is. Fall became my favorite season after I saw and felt how beautiful the atmosphere is supposed to be. What's more, temperatures cool significantly in the fall and the mugginess of summer evaporates. Trips to the lake (Michigan) become a favorite pastime for bikers, runners, joggers, and strollers alike. And no matter how determined you are in your sport, you can't help but stop and absorb the view of urban environment coinciding with natural autumn beauty silhouetting an endless sky blue lake.

Come to Chicago in the fall. It's an unforgettable experience that leaves you with a peaceful understanding of this grand city.



Additional photos below
Photos: 9, Displayed: 9


Advertisement

Jackson ParkJackson Park
Jackson Park

Footsteps from home...


Tot: 0.042s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 8; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0247s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1022.4kb