RIHLA #4


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Illinois » Chicago
October 3rd 2011
Published: October 4th 2011
Edit Blog Post

Article:Domestic Violence and Homelessness
1. Why did you choose this particular issue to learn more about? (Remember, I am giving you the choice to CHOOSE the issue...what sparked your interest and why?)
*I decided to read this article because is the topic that really relates to today real life.It the most common issue of today. On women being abuse and how they are being affect each day more and how they are know being more independence and have more right that really protect her.Also That homeless are being treated not fair and people are not willing to help them.



2. What did you learn about from this article? How is this particular issue effected by homelessness?
Form this article i learn that sometimes women has two choices, which are abusive husband or living in the street.also that 63% of homeless women have experienced domestic violence in their adult lives. Also that victims of domestic abuse have unmet needs for both short and long term housing. This relates to homelessness women that are being domestic abuse they are willing to seek safety and they either don't have a family member or don't have any where to live and they go to street.


3. In what ways do your findings relate to what we have discussed in class?
We learn in class that men at the begging were being dominated by women just because that how their religion/ roles were in the past during the B.C.A. But little by little women were being more dominated by men , Which women started to have more powers and had more right that protected them, A.C.A

4. What actions if any, or further investigating does this article make you want to pursue?
*Well it would devote my life to help other . i have this thought because i have experience this similar situation with my mother. Thankfully my mother had made a really good choice that will benefits us but it was hard for her. Me, my mother and my brother we been living great and been supporting each other with the new life. It will be a pleasure for me to explain my situation and try to help women s with their problems and giving them support and advise .

Advertisement



Tot: 0.055s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 5; qc: 44; dbt: 0.036s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb