ways of the americans


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Illinois » Chicago
May 18th 2006
Published: May 18th 2006
Edit Blog Post

it is official, we are on american soil once again. we landed yesterday after getting in our fill of almost 7 hours of movies thanks to the comforts and conveniences provided by united. steve and bonnie, tone's parents, picked us up and treated us to exactly what we needed - a truly american experience at the rainforest cafe. we felt almost miniature as we crawled into one of those crescent-shaped booths and seemingly gigantic glasses that they more then willingly refill!
stuffed by the american portions we came back to the house to be reunited with our pups that are significantly smaller then we remembered and then ventured to try to stay awake as long as possible. i only lasted until 9 which i believe was around 3 or 4 in the morning our time.
it's amazing how quickly you slip right back into the same lifestyle as if the routines and daily life of the past 10 weeks didn't exist. i am however having to make a conscious effort to speak english to people when i accidently bump into them, and try not to look every time i hear an english speaker - such a rarity in the past few months.
we'll enjoy the commodities so graciously provided by the tigners for a few more days and then head home on monday. we are extremely grateful for the way God protected us and in His perfect plan worked everything out so well. in talking with other backpackers, we feel the Lord truly blessed us in so many ways and we could not have asked for a better trip.
we are having a little difficulty with internet (which seems like such an inconvenience here but we are quite accustomed to) but as soon as we can, i will post quite a few more pics on the photobucket sight so you might wanna check it in a few days.
thanks again for everyone's prayers and subjecting yourselves to my waxing elegant. below is our contact info just in case anyone doesn't have it.

until next time.
tony and stacey

address: 8108 Green Lantern St. Apt. 202
Raleigh, NC 27613
home phone: 919-788-0696
cell phone: 919-414-6252
emails: ajtigner@mac.com
christ2know@mac.com


Advertisement



Tot: 0.075s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 8; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0471s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb