Packing Up and Heading Out!


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Illinois » Chicago
August 28th 2010
Published: September 2nd 2010
Edit Blog Post

Today is moving day of all our belongings. We woke up early to pack a few more remaining things before the movers arrived in the afternoon. Our last meal at 1600 Museum park was postickers with rice. My friend Stephanie came over and she ae lunch with us and was also able to label our boxes with numbers. It was good to finally see her, but she didn't see my place until it was time to leave! Well, that's even more reason for her to come to LA and visit when we get our new place.

The movers arrived at 3:05 pm and they moved items for 3 hours. I took a picture of everything they wheeled out, so I knew exactly what was being shipped. I must say the shrik wrap is amazing! You can shrink wrap anything, even a bed. Always buy it from Lowes or Home Depot. Make sur eyou have enough packing tape too. The movers typically carry these items, but it's way cheaper at the store!

As the truck began to fill up, we were reaching our square footage estimate. We didn't want to go over, so we had to keep some stuff behind and store it in my Aunt's garage. Thank goodness she has room! After the movers left, we had pizza and wine. That hit the spot. Officially done with part 1!

We spent the night at Mark's parents house and we just crashed when we got there. Now that our stuff is out of the unit, it's time to clean on Sunday.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.05s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 5; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0311s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb