Driving, Day 1


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Illinois » Chicago
May 12th 2009
Published: May 12th 2009
Edit Blog Post

The first day of driving went pretty well. We left at 6am and drove nearly straight through. It took just about 12 hours. I like how so many people asked us if we flew to Chicago, but we didn't. We went along with traffic the entire time.

Pennsylvania is REALLY boring for 309 miles, as are all 232 miles of Ohio. Indiana, surprisingly, showed signs of life. That was a nice change after 8 hours of farms and farms and farms and farms ....

So as we crossed the time zone line in the middle of nowhere Indiana but Megan's phone freaked out. She nearly "lost" her texts by going back in time. But then we found them re-cataloged as an hour later. It was actually really funny, watching her freak out.

And then we got to Chicago. But Wendy, the person we are staying with, was in a meeting, so we more-or-less just drove around and sat around in a Caribou Coffee. Then we finally got into Wendy's place and it is NICE! A very big apartment. But we got to the apartment around 7, and we were starving. So we left to find some food.

First we went to the Lake, just to look at it. It's so...strange. The lake looks so much like the ocean, especially with the marina and all the birds. We walked a bit more and decided to eat at a diner. Nice and cheap and quick. We still had some time to kill before going back to Wendy's apartment, so we walked around Wrigley Field. It's pretty impressive in person.

Now it's time to sleep. Tomorrow we hope to spend some time IN Chicago (downtown) and then we will drive to Iowa. Today was really just a boring travel day. Day 1 = Complete.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.112s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 13; qc: 51; dbt: 0.0602s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb