Lifegroup Trip to Chicago Part Deux


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Illinois » Chicago
September 14th 2008
Published: October 30th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Well Day 2 of our trip didn't get the early start we had envisioned. We woke up a 9:30, didn't leave until 11:00, and got stuck in O'hare for 2 hours. I swear that place was designed by Lucifer. Anyway, when we arrived in the city at 4:00PM, we were starving so we went to Giordano's Pizza. The stuffed pizza made every part of the trip worth it! If someone said hey want to drive to chicago just for that pizza and turn around and go back I'd say sure. After we ate, (one slice of pizza did me in) we putzed around Michigan Avenue for a while. Checked out the 3 story Nike store, the Apple store, and the 5 story Borders. We got some Seattle's Best Coffee to warm us up after two days of nonstop rain, and hopped on the train for our 3 hour ride back. Back in Satan's Labyrinth, the Radisson Hotel guy never showed up so the Best Western shuttle driver, who had made two pickups and deliveries while we were standing there took us back to the hotel. We finally got on the road at 10:30PM (which is when we had hoped to get home) and got home at 4.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.052s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 5; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0293s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb