Home Sweet Home...for now


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Illinois » Chicago
July 28th 2007
Published: August 5th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Why the long faces?Why the long faces?Why the long faces?

Sad to be delayed or sad to be leaving you new home?
And the journey home begins. As much as we hate to say it we both were looking forward to being back in Evanston even if it was only for a few days. Ok well maybe we were more excited to be starting our new life in LA. We have had an amazing adventure that will never get to do again. I cannot begin to describe what and amazing experience this was and we will never forget it, but before we look back we still need to get our butts home.

Before we even began our journey home we were delayed! Yep that's right we check the time for our first flight and it was delayed 3 hours. Seriously we cannot remember a time when we've flown that they posted a delay 4 hours in advance. The the delay was due to crew issues, but they suggested we get there as if our plane is on time because they tend to get these "issues" sorted out faster than anticipated. Needless to say someone must have been having a bad dad because the issues did not get sorted out faster and we sat on the runway an additional hour. We were already thinking we may get to spend a night in transit in our new home, since the nice AA airline people did not want to put us on a different flight. They all felt we would have more than enough time. The reponse was no one should be in the airport or at customs that late. Tell that to the hundreds we encountered. This lead to our second opportunity to sprint through an airport with our packs. I know you're jealous and wish you had this fun and exciting opportunity. It is evn more exciting when you haven't worked out for 2 months and are completely out of shape.

After our mad dash to our flight from our new home, LA, to our current home, Chicago we arrived at the gate to hear that it is boarding. Yea we did not miss it and we get to go home. If it is boarding shouldn't people be getting on the plan not off? Our luck, the plan was not working and had been boarded but the passengers had to unboard. We were very disappoint to miss out. We were not delayed until the found a plane that worked (see pic). In the end, we only left and hour and a half late. Eventually getting in to the chicago ariport at 7 am.

We think the big man may have felt guilty for our day, so our bags were the 2nd and 3rd ones out. Thanks, this allowed for a speedy exit back to peaceful evanston.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.094s; Tpl: 0.021s; cc: 7; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0525s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb