And they're off...


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Illinois » Chicago
June 21st 2007
Published: June 21st 2007
Edit Blog Post

And they're off...And they're off...And they're off...

Prepped and ready!
After months of hustling around Chicago trying to prepare, we are finally ready to take off. We depart tonight, and after two long layovers we arrive in Jo'burg. While the preparation has been a bit hectic -- clothes down in the city, medicine in the west suburbs, items bought in November, items bought yesterday, last minute trip to the doctor -- we are very excited about the numerous firsts we are about to encounter. The trip will be our first MAJOR travel together, our first trips to Africa, our first "animals in the wild" experience, Danika's first "real" Europe trip, Brad's first time to Spain, and maybe even our first time bungee jumping, etc.

With all the excitement of leaving, we are a little sad today because all of our friends from school are leaving on their trips as well. When we get back into town, it will be a completely different place with new and different faces. So to all the friends we have spent the last two years with, enjoy your travels, and please stay in touch.

Now let's go see some rhinos.

Advertisement



22nd June 2007

Careful
Watch out for bushmen bearing gifts in S. Africa

Tot: 0.095s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 10; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0529s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb