Back from a Great Trip


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Illinois » Chicago
April 17th 2007
Published: April 17th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Julie and I returned this morning from a long weekend / short trip to Chicago. The flights each way were relatively uneventful, as was the Blue Line trip from O'Hare to the stop nearest our airport.

Found the Ohio House Motel to be a pretty good deal for the price, especially in the pricey Downtown area. The Ohio House is located in the River North district, and is located within 10 blocks of both the Blue and Red "El" lines. From the red, transfers to Brown and Purple were easy. These are the only four lines we used.

Since I'm a huge fan of beer, let me quickly say how wonderful Goose Island-Wrigleyville, Piece Brewpub, and Lewars Inn all are. Goose Island added with Fried Pickels. Piece had some excellent pizza. And Lewars was an excellent location for German food.

In downtown, we enjoyed the Art Institute and the Architecture store. But the highlight for us was probably our personalized tour of downtown architecture provided by a friend of mine, the Windy City Road Warrior.

Otherwise, we primarily wandered around Chicago, and some of the near-downtown districts. Found ourselves around the Belmont stop on the Red Line quite a bit. Loved the architecture, and realized that just walking around neighborhoods and enjoying the differences is all we need to have a happy time away from home.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.055s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 6; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0283s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb