Chicago Family Wedding: day 4 - The Wedding !


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Illinois » Chicago
March 10th 2018
Published: August 21st 2018
Edit Blog Post

Today began at the Chicago Loop Synagogue. The service was as expected and the people were friendly. They apologised that the kiddush was minimal. Normally they have a big kiddush including hot chulent but due to some flooding which affected the synagogue building the kitchen and its hall were out of bounds. When we checked a couple days earlier we learned this situation, so we had obtained some extra salads from Milt's for our shabbat lunch rather than relying on the kiddush for our meal.

RIght after dark we were off to the wedding! This was held at the City Winery. A yellow school picked up the wedding guests from the hotel and took us to a very nice function hall where both the chuppah and the party were held.

As we waited and had pre-wedding drinks, we caught up with more of the family.

The wedding was a beautiful ceremony under a pretty chuppah and the bride looked stunning. (The groom scrubbed up well too.) Then we sat down to eat. Our hostess had ordered kosher meals and wine for us which were delicious.

The band was great and we danced like mad. Two nice surprises involved particular family members. We were pleased to see brother Lee join right in from the beginning, after niece Fran grabbed him during the reception music. And cousin Martin was able to dance (carefully) with his wife Rose - an impressive demonstration of his ongoing recovery following his catastrophic glider crash about 7 months earlier!

Near the end of the party, the band coaxed Ben onto the stage. He did an outstanding job of singing "With a Little Help from My Friends" in the best Joe Cocker style.

By the time we returned to the hotel we were well and truly beat. Happy but beat, so into bed we flopped.



(SCROLL DOWN to see more wonderful wedding pictures)

.


Additional photos below
Photos: 17, Displayed: 17


Advertisement



Tot: 0.177s; Tpl: 0.017s; cc: 7; qc: 41; dbt: 0.0852s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 2; ; mem: 1.1mb