Day 16 of 21 - Isaiah 44:14 He cuts down cedars for himself, And takes the cypress and the oak; He secures it for himself among the trees of the forest. He plants a pine, and the rain nourishes it.


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Idaho » McCall
July 22nd 2013
Published: July 23rd 2013
Edit Blog Post

We really feel relaxed today...took us until 12:30 to get out to do something! We loaded up the kayaks and headed over to an area called the Northwest Passage of Payette Lake that leads to Upper Payette Lake. This passage is closed to motorized boats, so only canoes, kayaks and paddle boards. It was a lot like the thoroughfare at Priest Lake so we really hoped we would see some more wildlife. We did see some Osprey, Heron, ducks (Ryan even used his new Wood Duck call and we came across some wood ducks!) and geese, but no mammals 😞. The huge trees along the banks were gorgeous, many of them had fallen into the water and we'd have to navigate around them so we wouldn't poke a hole in our kayaks! Truly this was a peaceful place, we were blessed on many occasions where we were the only people for miles. Just us and the trees.

Back at the campground we loved to take walks and we were always seeing these super sized dandelion poufs that the boys would pick and blow on them to make wishes for "chocolate cake" like the toddler cartoon they use to watch called "Little Bear". Some of these pictures were of the and their poufs.

So later that evening Jeff and Ryan were riding their bikes around the campground and they came across a little fox that we had been hoping to run into. We'd heard there were foxes that visited the campground and we were starting to believe we would never see one...instead Ryan got to have a fox "encounter"! 😊

This is our last day in McCall. We really like it here and hope to come visit again! On to Boise in the morning.


Additional photos below
Photos: 14, Displayed: 14


Advertisement



Tot: 0.078s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 10; qc: 50; dbt: 0.0473s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb