Diamond Head at dawn to midnight Mexican


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Hawaii
March 14th 2017
Published: March 27th 2017
Edit Blog Post

An early start for Tasha Jesse and I to hike up Diamond Head for another superb sunrise. Back to pack then off to the airport with some unplanned detours through unknown streets. Check in was a breeze and the Virgin American flight was great.
Arrived in San Francisco and grabbed the free air train to Alamo rental cars. They hooked us up with a nice little red Nissan and a giant Chevy (henceforth known as the canyonaro and/or family trickster). An easy drive along the freeway and through the city to the Travelodge by the Bay which was in a great location but having some drainage issues (dankest basement puddles ever).
As our time in San Francisco was so limited we decided to pile into the family truckster together and head out to the Mission District for some famously good Mexican food. Slightly sketchy street but the burritos were amazing.
Partly by plan but mostly due to poor navigational skills we spent the next couple of hours exploring the city with views from coit tower and a run in with a raccoon in a hilly back street.
Finally fell in to bed (well most of us Nic chose a cupboard instead) around 2am.


Advertisement



Tot: 0.101s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 9; qc: 48; dbt: 0.0636s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb