Walks, shopping, swims, parades and penthouse fun.


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Hawaii
March 12th 2017
Published: March 29th 2017
Edit Blog Post

Dawn on Diamond Head. Kellie, Nic, Lucy and I ventured out in the dark to hike up Diamond Head for the sunrise. Loads of people but a nice walk and great views.

IHOP was busy so we had brekky in the Cream Pot under the monarch complex where we were staying. A really cute spot, good service and yummy food.

A quick and pretty drive for a hike to Jackasses Ginger Falls. The beginning of the path is well signposted but it got a bit tricky after we crossed the creek. Some guess work combined with chatting to similarly confused tourists led us through some interesting forest to the falls then back through a lovely stand of bamboo. I was refused entry to Walmart but the rest of the crew managed to spend eons roaming around in there. We headed down to Waikiki beach for a swim. Honolulu Festival meant a massive parade followed by fireworks provided entertainment for the evening. The view from the penthouse for fireworks was phenomenal with the sound echoing back from the surrounding hills.


Additional photos below
Photos: 12, Displayed: 12


Advertisement



Tot: 0.094s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 9; qc: 53; dbt: 0.0545s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb