First stop Hawaii


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Hawaii
July 30th 2014
Published: July 30th 2014
Edit Blog Post

Eeeeee Hawaii *sigh*

Its just so darn loverly.

Temperature, perfect.

Water, perfect.

Relaxation, always.

atmosphere, *sigh* amazeballs.



Our first 3 nights we stayed at the marriot ko alina which is just outside honolulu. It's just so gosh darn beautiful there. No need to leave the hotel, most likely going to be penny's next thailand, as in she will go there and only there for the next 5 years.



I got really badly burnt on the first day which meant i had to dodge the sun like a vampire for the next few days which was sooo annoying because of how perfect the weather was and how inviting the beaches were.



There were these 4 beach lagoon things along the hotel where you can rent paddle boards, snorkelling gear and cabana things to sit in, which were all included in mums owners package deal i'm not quite sure how it works, but i just nod along and accept the free things.

The only thing i disliked was the food. There was one italian restaurant that was delicioussssss but everything else was pretty standard american food, so i basically had to be vegetarian in order to receive any type of food that wasn't deep fried or covered in cheese.

other than that, loved it! 😊



Our next stop was the Moana Surfrider hotel in central waikiki literally on the beach. This is where my bank account took some heavy hits at sephora, victoria secret, Kmart and osh kook b'gosh the baby clothing shop to get a cute outfit for harry 😊

(i couldn't help myself)eeee so coot.

our hotel here is right out of the 50s with renovated bathrooms, my favourite combination 😊 we are one of the few rooms with a balcony over the courtyard facing the beach with live music playing all day.

Penny refuses to stay in bed any later the 6 am so when i wake up bleary eyed at 8.30 she's been for a walk along the beach, a swim, gone shopping, booked a resturaunt for dinner and physically pulling me out of bed and down to breakfast.

We had 2 relaxing days and today we went on a trip up the coast with a small tour we went snorkelling in the morning, in a little cove where as soon as your ankles are in the water theres already fish swimming around you. I bought an underwater film camera so i can't post those photos on here but under the surface it looked exactly like the little mermaid. I did however drop my snorkel and mask in the process of trying to take a photo :/ they sunk to the bottom and were lost forever.

Back on the bus, we drove past a few of the shooting locations for '50 first dates', 'jurassic park', 'the hunger games' and 'godzilla'.

I thought it was more exciting when we stopped outside Tom Sellic's holiday house but that's just me being an unstoppable friends fanatic.

The second half of the day we spent in this weird 50s heritage town with a lot of boutique stores that were wayyy too pricey for my "nothing over $30" clothing rule, but hey i'm still a poor teenager.

Tomorrow we're having another lazy day followed by a trip to the pearl harbour memorial and off to Canada on friday 😊





If you made it to the end i'm proud but this is mainly for my own benefit so i can remember these things.


Additional photos below
Photos: 70, Displayed: 24


Advertisement



Tot: 0.049s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 5; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0267s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb