Week 4 Oahu Island


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Hawaii » Oahu
June 27th 2004
Published: June 27th 2004
Edit Blog Post

Arrived in Honolulu airport via Guam and very polite and friendly immigration/ customs reception. Definitely a pleasant surprise. Must be the Polynesian spirit hasn´t been corrupted by the stink of the mainland yet. Spent the first few days in Waikiki which is interesting in its own way but certainly not my idea of a beach paradise. The beach itself it very nice but also super crowded and back by endless high rise hotels, chain fast food reataurants and shopping malls, bith swanky and tacky.
Stayed in a hostel called Waikiki Beacfront Hostel (very original). This was also an interesting place for the variety of guest to be found. The hostel not only catered to backpackers travelling through but also to new settlers on the island looking to find a more permanent home in the near future. Met some very nice and some quite troubled people. The main activity at the hostel seemed to be hanging out on the balconies outside our rooms drinking and popping back into the rooms for a little toke of Maui-wowee occasionally. This and going out to Jack in the Box for a ´good´ feed.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.077s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 6; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0325s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb