Aloha !!


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Hawaii » Oahu
January 11th 2005
Published: January 11th 2005
Edit Blog Post

View from hotel balconyView from hotel balconyView from hotel balcony

over Waikiki Beach
I'm happy to announce that it finally stopped raining in LA this morning, just as we were leaving, in fact in was an amazing morning, about 70 degrees and has been since, maybe we weren't meant to be there, anyway it was good for us as our flight to Hawai'i was on time, in fact we just made the flight, the shuttle bus guy who picked us up from the hostel (Danny Glover) was obviously auditioning for another version of Speed, but in this version he couldn't go over 25MPH, "What was the movie called when they had to stay at a certain SPEED, and if the SPEED dropped the bus would blow up or as soon as the SPEED went up it would blow up, you know, the one with the SPEEDing bus? Ah I rememeber, the bus that couldn't slow down" H. Simpson.

Anyway, I digress, we just made it in time at the airport, to check your bags you need 2 hours for domestic flight and we got there 45 mins before take-off, now I hadn't eaten for 2 hours and spotted a McDonalds just beside our gate so obviously we had to get some food and
Fiona & AndrewFiona & AndrewFiona & Andrew

on balcony
in doing so we almost missed the gate closure but all's well that end's well, we made the flight and it was safe as houses, 5 hours later we were in Honolulu and the clocks went back another 2 hours, we're now 10 hours behind GMT.

Airport is very small and bizarre, it's all open planned, i.e. there are no walls, anyway we jumped on a bus to our hotel and an hour or so later we were at the Waikiki Prince hotel, we got there at 17:58 and the reception was just closing, it's a small place, about 30 rooms, and one women works there from 9-6 each day, she'd left our room open but hadn't though about leaving us a note to tell us what room it was, I just pictured me trying every door to see if it would open then us sleeping in somebodys bed, it all worked out in the end though.

We're 1 minute from Waikiki beach so decided to go for a wander and a few drinks, it was about 7pm and the place was buzzing, looking forward to this part of the trip

Advertisement



Tot: 0.287s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 13; qc: 82; dbt: 0.087s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb