Day 1 Waikiki Beach in Honolulu Hawaii - 13 June 2015


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Hawaii » Oahu » Waikiki
June 13th 2015
Published: June 22nd 2015
Edit Blog Post

Day 1 Waikiki Beach in Honolulu Hawaii - 13 June 2015

On Saturday 13 June, we were off to Hawaii for some sun and beach for 7 days. After flying with Hawaiian Airlines for 9 hours over night, we arrived safely at the Honolulu Airport on Oahu Island, one of the 8 islands in Hawaii.

We were greeted by our travel company, My Hawaiian Holiday and presented with an orchid lei. A van took us to our hotel, the Hyatt Regency Waikiki Beach which was central Honolulu. The room was fantastic having been renovated in March this year. There were the obligatory shops on a couple of c=floors as well as 3 restaurants and a pool with bar. The restaurants gave us a bird's eye view up and down the beach esplanade of Waikiki Beach.

After checking in, although tired, we were keen to see the beach, so off we went. It was beautiful, particularly as it was warm. Straight across from our hotel was the famous statue of Duke Paoa Kahanamoku who made Waikiki Beach the surfing city of the world in Hawaii. After having our photo taken in front of the statue, we continued along the beach. It was about 32 degrees, clear sky with a gentle breeze. Bliss!

This was hotel-central. If you don't like wall to wall hotels, 100s of different restaurants, wonderful swimming beaches, and great seaside sites for enjoying beers, wine and Champaign, then don't stay at Waikiki Beach.

Initially, we had to wait for our room to be ready, so after our brief walk around to orientate ourselves, we returned to our room, had a shower and got into summer clothes.

We decided to catch one of the trolley busses and do it's round trip to further orientate ourselves. This proved an excellent idea for 2 tired people!!

When it was about 5.30pm so we decided to go to the Beach Bar under the Banyan Tree at the Moana Hotel. This was a beautiful spot and an excellent recommendation from our friends Lyn and Phil. Thanks guys. We stayed there for a great dinner and watched the sun set. Wonderful

But tiredness soon got us and we slept well that night.


Additional photos below
Photos: 31, Displayed: 23


Advertisement



Tot: 0.089s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 11; qc: 28; dbt: 0.0346s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb