Trip Down Memory Lane


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Hawaii » Oahu » Waikiki
February 8th 2012
Published: September 25th 2012
Edit Blog Post

I woke up to an odd e-mail from Alaska Airlines, our flight was leaving 20 minutes EARLY due to high winds in the Pacific. A later message said it was indeed leaving on time at 10:20am, but would make a stop in Oakland for refueling. WHA????? Aparently a strong storm was brewing and we would have to go around it, but the plane didn't have enough fuel to make the longer trip and we would have to refuel. When we boarded the plane we were given a $100 coupon for a future trip due to the delay in arrival. I though that was a pretty great way to start a trip. Then after 9 hours in the airplane seat, and my butt was sore, I realized what the coupon was all about. Anyway, we had carried on our bags and were off to the hotel in a taxi, $32 plus tip, and quickly checked in to our 2 BR 2 bath unit at the Grand Waikikian. WHat a gorgeous place, but the layout of the room was odd. Oh well, a gorgeous sunset view was ours for a week, and off we went to the Tropics Bar & Grill for a burger and our first Mai Tai of many. We stopped at the ABC Store in the Hilton Bazaar downstairs to get a few things for the 'fridge and some sunscreen for the week. It was no more expensive than at home, $9.99 for a bottle of Coppertone spray, and surely fresher than those bottles on the shelf at home. Cammy and Tim came in late and I stayed up and waited to welcome them.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.105s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 7; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0574s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb