'Last day in 'paradise


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Hawaii » Oahu » Waikiki
December 2nd 2011
Published: December 2nd 2011
Edit Blog Post

Day 14



Relaxed day today. Circle Island bus trip took all day. Nice Japanese seafood buffet finished off the night nicely.



Island was partly interesting as we got across to the windward side (read rainy) where they have more rain and as a result, it is much greener. Fully fledged rainforest jungle over there and it was quite nice. Would have been good to do some hiking but that was not our situation.



We are really getting into the swing of things now – and we leave tomorrow morning …….. Oh well.



Highlight of the day was Chris helping a lady with directions to find the bus. Nice touch. She even got it right.



For the surfers among us, we swung by Sunset Beach, Bonzai Pipeline and Waiamea Bay. Couldn’t stop there as traffic was jammed by a national competition at Sunset Beach. Took us 50 minutes to pass the 3 beaches – which account for about 5 miles of Pacific Coastline.



Must’ve got it on a bad day as the best waves we saw were about 5 feet max. The pipeline is meant to get up to 30 feet in the winter (now) but not today. Never mind.



Some pics to finish off the blogs and we will catch up with all as soon as we get the chance at home.



All the best



Chris and Ian


Additional photos below
Photos: 15, Displayed: 15


Advertisement



2nd December 2011

all good things coe to an en
glad to hear and see you had a good time. have a safe trip home and Ian, good luck in Monday. Hope to catch up soon. Angie and Stephen
2nd December 2011

all good things coe to an en
glad to hear and see you had a good time. have a safe trip home and Ian, good luck in Monday. Hope to catch up soon. Angie and Stephen

Tot: 0.109s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 6; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0712s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb