Day 5 Honolulu & the Sunset Cruise 17 June 2015


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Hawaii » Oahu » Honolulu
June 17th 2015
Published: June 24th 2015
Edit Blog Post

Day 5 Honolulu & the Sunset Cruise 17 June 2015

We started the day slowly with an enjoyable breakfast at a cafe up the road from our hotel. Today was the day we visited the Waikele Premium Shopping Outlet which was part of our package tour.

Now some of you who know how I love to shop (not!) may be guessing that I was debating if I really wanted to go, but we decided to anyway. It was a shopping centre made up of many international brands. We wandered through many of the outlets. Thank goodness we have a little 7 year old granddaughter to buy for. I always find it difficult to buy for adults!!!

Tom wanted a new suitcase but we had found an excellent outlet near our hotel where we bought one, so our shopping list was all ticked off. Done and dusted!!!!!!!!!

We had a Chinese meal for lunch which was tasty.

Our tour bus collected us at 2.00pm (even though we were ready to return at 12MD!!

That night we had scheduled a sunset cruise which we had spotted being promoted on one of our walks along the beach on a previous day. It was on the Alii Kai Catamaran Sunset Cruise which motored along southern coast of Honolulu up to Diamond Head and back.

The cruise took 2 hours. We were picked up from our hotel and taken to the cruise harbour. There was room for 400 people. The order of the evening other than viewing the sunset was a dinner, entertainment and dance. The entertainment was presenting dance from many of the Pacific Islands. It was really good entertainment. They also involved the audience.

I wouldn't recommend the cruise for fine cuisine as it was a buffet and cooked in bulk....definitely not value for money. However, it was a balmy evening and the sunset was good.

Back at the hotel, we had a 'fine white wine' and called it a night.


Additional photos below
Photos: 12, Displayed: 12


Advertisement



Tot: 0.482s; Tpl: 0.015s; cc: 24; qc: 73; dbt: 0.1897s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb