Holiday in Hawaii #3


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Hawaii » Oahu » Honolulu
January 2nd 2010
Published: January 2nd 2010
Edit Blog Post

The weather here has been awesome.....it's been sunny every day, unlike in the states, where it's cold and rainy. Love it here!!!!

We drove up to the clubhouse at Hawaii Loa Ridge and captured the scenic beauty of the island. When you look at Diamond Head from the Waikiki area, you get a much different perspective than what is in these photos. Yes, there really is a crater at the top.

We then went to lunch at Koko Marina. Our friends have a house in the marina, so instead of driving and having to find parking at this time of year, we simply took the boat across to the restaurant. We ate among the ducks, who where scavenging for additional scrap.

The cat belongs to our friends. It's not just an ordinary cat -- it's a bengal cat that is now banned for sale in Hawaii. When we first saw him, we noted that he had leopardlike characteristics, with defined spots. It also has a white line under his eyes, which are prominent in predator-like animals. Instead of a soft meow, he made a sound more like a wild animal. Unlike most cats that are aloof, this one was very friendly. But in his hay day, he used to terrorize the cats in the neighborhood, watching them from high up in the trees (just like a leopard) and getting into brutal fights with them. Look at his ears, portions of them have been chewed off.

Costco happens to be nearby and in preparation for our New Year's celebration, we bought some wine and a prime rib. We also needed to get some ingredients for our delicious custard pie. Many customers were buying fireworks for the 'Eve', where it's legal to play them. I love being here this time of year to share the events and festivities with family. It's a lot of fun, especially for all of the 'firebugs'!!! Furthermore, the food that we share with family is great ("ono").


Additional photos below
Photos: 6, Displayed: 6


Advertisement

Bengal CatBengal Cat
Bengal Cat

Illegal to breed in Hawaii


Tot: 0.201s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 7; qc: 50; dbt: 0.0923s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb