Day 6 Hawaii Cruise


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Hawaii » Maui
January 12th 2007
Published: January 14th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Arrived in Maui which was even hotter than the last island. We decided to hire a car as we were to be at this island for 2 days. So we hired a car and headed down the Hana Highway which was to the east side of the island. The drive was similar to the great ocean rd drive with all the scenery and lookouts. So we drove past a sign saying twin falls. So we got out and started to walk to these falls. About 45 mins lata and after climbing through rainforests, over rivers and in the mud we finally found a waterfall. There were no signs saying how far to where to go so we had no idea if we were going the right way. So headed back to the car and kept driving.

When u saw a car that had pulled over they must of pulled over for a reason so we did to. (no signs newhere). So this time the guy who was a local told us to go up the road for a mile and we would see a concrete bridge. We were told to park the car where we could and follow the stream to a waterfall. So we did that and started walking up the track which lead to a small stream. The stream got deep up to our hips so we got into our bathers and swam to this water fall. It was our own private waterfall. No one would know it was here. It was a bit scary being the only one’s here but also really nice.

Left the waterfall and got back in the car and found this really nice beach. Apparently it is the windsurfing capital of the world, as there were so many windsurfers. So hang out there for a bit and then went back to the pier.

At 4pm we had to go to a Lu’ Au. This is a traditional Hawaiian feast like they have at Hawaiian weddings or baptisms etc. So we headed out on the bus (senior cits bus) to a beautiful area just off the beach. Actually watched the sun set over the beach which was great. We paid $100 each which included drinks and the meal and entertainment. So we got onto the Blue Hawaii cocktails and had a buffet dinner of all the traditional Hawaiian food. Tried a bit of everything it was quite nice. Next they performed traditional dances from both the men and the women. The last act was a guy dancing with fire and eating the fire. So it was all very good. Went back to the ship, went to a show and to bed.


Advertisement



Tot: 0.127s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 9; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0409s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb