MAUI, Hawaii's peaceful island


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Hawaii » Maui » Lahaina
December 5th 2008
Published: December 9th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Well we just got back from Maui. Where we spent just one week touring and not too much relaxing. It started off with my mom's luggage not making the flight but we did get it a day later... We actually stayed in the town of Kannappali just north of Lahaina but the hotel name was Royal Lahaina so it was kinda confusing.

Our first day we went shopping and relaxed around Whalers village. Not too much happened this day other than waking up and seeing the beach from our Ocean Front room. We had a free upgrade from partial ocean view to ocean view then we paid the $30/day to upgrade to ocean front.

November 29th: I turned 25. we started the day off with renting a car... Not just any car but a hard top chrysler sebring convertible. Had dinner at Bubba Gumps (based on the movie Forrest Gump).

Throughout the trip we took a few adventure tours, we drove ourselves to Iao valley/needle, Haleakala crater, The Road to Hana tour via valley isle exursions, Maui ocean center, Molokini and Turtle town via Pacific Whale Foundation. The amount of turtles i finally seen in the ocean with no tank glass seperating us was awesome. I finally seen turtles.

We went to a Luau on Dec.3rd which was also my friends 25th anniversary which was kinda cool, the Pig tasted good, although so did the Pina Colada's. Which apparently if you switch the white rum for dark rum you can call them dirty blondes.

So you can see that my 7 days were pretty busy there wasn't too much time to relax, since the other times we weren't too busy we were out driving, taking pictures or snorkeling in different spots. Our Canadian dollar wasn't that strong when we went but we still managed to save a few dollars here and there.

Dec.4th we left Maui and landed around 1PM in Calgary on Dec. 5th

Advertisement



Tot: 0.083s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 10; qc: 48; dbt: 0.0508s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb