Trip to Maui


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Hawaii » Maui » Lahaina
September 14th 2008
Published: September 14th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Well, we took off on September 11, and that was scary enough as it was, but it was also while IKE was on the way to Houston and I was pretty nervous about not being at home (which is crazy, I know!). We had a good flight over, short flight to Denver, plane change, so got to stretch, then short flight to LA. Got there early in the day so we rented a car and drove around to see the sights.

Went to Venice Beach and checked all the RV'rs there then drove on over to Malibu and have an early dinner at a restaurant on the beach. The next day we took the trip to Maui, again arrived early in the day. Did not do much but check in to the Condo resort & go to the grocery store. I do not know how the people that live on this island afford to eat! But we do have a kitchen and access to a grill so we will be doing some of our own cooking.

Last night we went for a walk on the beach and did the same thing this morning after I cooked breakfast.

We
RV city on Venice beachRV city on Venice beachRV city on Venice beach

looks like all those serfers have alot going for them!
both were up several times during the night checking the TV and computer for information on the Hurricane. It looks like we did not have much damage. We will know about the power later.


Additional photos below
Photos: 6, Displayed: 6


Advertisement

restaurant viewrestaurant view
restaurant view

view from restaurant at Malibu
Kannapali Westin ResortKannapali Westin Resort
Kannapali Westin Resort

Our first view of our home resort.
View View
View

This is the view of the ocean from our balcony
ViewView
View

The view of the pool, also from our balcony


Tot: 0.058s; Tpl: 0.015s; cc: 5; qc: 44; dbt: 0.031s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb