The Last, Lazy Days


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Hawaii » Kaua'i
July 29th 2014
Published: July 31st 2014
Edit Blog Post

The last couple of days in Kauai were relatively relaxing days, just hanging out by the ocean, the pool bar, and going out to dinner. No more excursions - nothing could top the helicopter tour, anyway. So we just stayed close to our resort, went across the street to do some shopping, and had our meals at nearby restaurants. Patti and Craig both added to their watch collections with unique purchases. Everyone stayed close to the pool bar in a heroic effort to run up our tabs as much as possible! (Patti/Craig won, of course - mostly Craig.)

We are all sad to leave. We are just amazed at how beautiful these islands are - around every corner is another jaw-dropping view. I, for one, am immediately starting to save my pennies to go back. Thank you, Patti and Craig, for sharing another fun, memorable vacation with us.

And thanks to everyone who checked in on the blog and especially those that left messages and comments. We totally enjoyed reading them.

See you next year!


Additional photos below
Photos: 10, Displayed: 10


Advertisement

Surfing Day Pics - Craig Surfing Day Pics - Craig
Surfing Day Pics - Craig

He's a natural, dude!
Patti SurfingPatti Surfing
Patti Surfing

Patti was pretty darn good also.
Jeff SurfingJeff Surfing
Jeff Surfing

Kudos to the photographer that made me look like I'm surfing when I'm really just getting ready to fall....
The lovely WeaversThe lovely Weavers
The lovely Weavers

After our last dinner at Dondero's at the Grand Hyatt. One of our best meals!
Jeff & Allison at Dondero'sJeff & Allison at Dondero's
Jeff & Allison at Dondero's

(Apologies to Keith T. for copying your shirt! Remember what they say about imitation and flattery...)
The Gang After Our Last NightcapThe Gang After Our Last Nightcap
The Gang After Our Last Nightcap

This was our ritual every night back at the hotel lobby bar. Thank you Jim for the great drinks and great stories - see you next time.


1st August 2014

Where is the red dress, Allison?
Your trip looked amazing. I am so happy you shared it through your blog. I felt like I was on that helicopter with you all. Glad you are home safe and sound. I never did see a picture of the famous red dress, Allison.

Tot: 0.085s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 9; qc: 48; dbt: 0.0431s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb