We're ready - We leave in 1 week!


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Hawaii » Kaua'i
October 9th 2010
Published: October 9th 2010
Edit Blog Post

We leave for Kaua'i in 1 week. We had our final team meeting this past Tuesday and it sounds like all of us are ready to go! I'm guessing it will be a busy final week for the team members as we pack, take care of bills, finish up any loose ends at work, and certainly spend some extra time with our family / friends.

Speaking of family / friends / co-workers, we'd like to take a minute and say thank you to everyone who has supported us. We've done some fund-raising to support this volunteer effort and please know we truly appreciate the support. And while we are out on our build, we realize this means many of you will be taking on some extra tasks in our absense. Thank you to all!

This week, we learned more about the Kaua'i Habitat staff members we will be working with on our build. Many of them have a long running history of working/volunteering for Kaua'i Habitat. You can tell they have a strong passion for what they do. There are housing and poverty issues all over the world. Every state, every country, etc... Believe it or not, Hawaii is no exception. Kaua'i Habitat was founded in the early 1990's after hurricane Iniki struck the island. Like all Habitat affiliates, they seek to eliminate poverty housing and homelessness from their area. It will be great to partner with them for several days to help them with their mission.

If you're interested, below is a link to the park we will be staying at during our build days. It is about 30 minutes away from the build site. Kahili Mountain Park has a few rustic cabins our team will be sharing.

Our next blog entry will come after we arrive and get settled in.

Advertisement



9th October 2010

Good luck
Good luck to all of you and I am so thankful to know there are such wonderful, giving people as yourselves. My prayers are with each and every one of you. Great Blog and I will be checking it.
11th October 2010

God Speed
...and God's Blessings for safe travel, sturdy suitcases, strong bodies and lots of fun in carrying out this special mission! You may never know how much you accomplish on this trip until you get home...or until you get to Heaven. In the meantime, trust that many people are praying and thinking about you!
14th October 2010

Cherish it!
For those of you who are experiencing a World Wide Build for the first time....be prepared for this trip to change your life forever. You will come away with new found friends and the most heart warming feeling knowing that you have helped those less fortunate then you. Work hard and cherish every moment....the time goes by so fast.

Tot: 0.067s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 7; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0386s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb