North Shore, Haleiwa, Oahu, HI Day 3 and 4


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Hawaii » Haleiwa
July 5th 2011
Published: July 4th 2011
Edit Blog Post

Note: If you click on one picture, all pics from day 3 and 4 will show up in an album.
Day 3 found me at Ted's Bakery waiting in the small line at 7am for sinfully outstanding baked goods. Besides the normal sweet stuff, I brough home fresh croissants which we smothered with scramble eggs, crisp bacon and cheese back at the house.

After breakfast we headed to Chun's Reef a mere 1/2 mile away for a private surf lesson in the AM. Our oldest son finally decided he wanted to try surfing. The lesson lasted roughly 1.5 hours and the surf board was ours to use until 9am the following morning. North Shore Surf Girls sent out Cheryl to work with our son Gordon. She had a terrific personality and our son got up on the first try!

The afternoon found 1/2 of our group cruising around Haleiwa and the other half of us relaxing at the beach in front of the home.

In the late afternoon/ evening, the kids wanted some new snorkeling equipment so after a dinner of BBQ chicken and salad we headed to Haleiwa surf and sea store while the wife and two friends headed to 'Turtle Beach' which is just a mile from the house. They swam with the honu at 'turtle beach' an hour before sunset. Great way to end the day!

Day 4 was a calm and clear water morning at Shark's cove once again. An afternoon of bumming around the beach, multiple swims to cool off, and a trip to Scoop of Paradise ice cream shop in Haleiwa. Then a dinner of burgers and a fun night of strolling up and down the beach with the kids catching sand crabs, and eventually releasing them.



Additional photos below
Photos: 14, Displayed: 14


Advertisement



Tot: 0.069s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 7; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0508s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb