Long Overdue Update.....


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Georgia » Thomson
April 28th 2011
Published: July 16th 2017
Edit Blog Post

Geo: 33.614, -82.5073

After sitting up all night watching the radar and tornado warnings, thought this would be a good time to fill everybody in on our never ending battle to avoid the pot holes. IMPOSSIBLE! Last night we got a break and just got a little flooded with all the rain which came down in buckets. I know this since I had to go the bathroom dead in the middle of it, of course. Could have probably handled the rain, the thunder, the lightning but 17 year cicadas blocking the entrance, that are freakin' all over, just seemed like overkill to me.

I've posted 4 new travel galleries to smugbug and there are a hundred stories that go with them but I'm going to just hit a couple of things that stick out for me. First, pictures I really wanted to post of new friends, the FFF Club - Safford, Az, Brotherhood of the 74 - Pecos, Tx, Redtop Cafe - Orla, Tx and old friends - Kingslea at Hoots - Humble, Tx either didn't come out or I forgot to take them...Sorry. Totally understandable since the libations flowed very freely and we paid for few while we visited each one.

We had frozen and bursting water pipes and frozen bathrooms in Arizona but it's still my favorite place. Thanks to all the FFF members (especially Tommie and Pat) who made us feel at home. Loved the parties even if I did fall down a lot and limped for a month after our visit.

Roswell, NM not all that impressive since the actual crash site is more than 100 miles out of town and the locals said not worth going to look for. Why don't they put that in the brochure. But if we hadn't gone through Roswell we wouldn't have ended up in Pecos with Crazey and the Brotherhood. Never seen Dave take more than a couple of Jello shots in 7 years but he downed 7 jaeger and redbull and another clear shot that I can't remember...I wonder why! If Crazey took a shot, his buddie Dave had to do one too. Now mind you we just met him 20 minutes ago! The very best blessing of this adventure is how the bike clubs of every town we go to make us family (a real eye opener from Vegas)....it's gonna be hard to pick a spot to stop and stay when it's time.

Probably won't go back to Louisianna after the piss ant of an officer (sorry Shawn) gave us a $171 ticket for no helmet at mile marker 9 (don'tcha think a warning would have worked). Of course he could have cited both of us so I guess it was a half way good thing....yea right!

Georgia just doesn't seem to be a state we need to come to (I don't think it likes us).......

We started coming out east (Hinesville, Ga) to watch the grandkids while Scott, Dave's son, went for training for two weeks.....well, you know us and you know the Army. It's been postponed twice and we're now looking at the middle 2 weeks of June. Yep, just where we want to be during the summer months, it's hot, it's humid and I'm menopausal. Seriously not a good mix. If the Army has it's way, we'll be floating around back here til next year.

So trying to make the best of things we head out to camp since we got a month to kill (first delay). So far we've gone through: the Storm of the Year (6 dead in the county), the tornado watch last night (140 dead as of this morning), the government shutdown waiting game, the 17 year cicada invasion, the breakdown of our baby (her reverse went out) and the repair bill of $1800 (which finally wiped out the savings), there's a blue law here so no beer on Sundays if your out (don't even have to say it, do I) and now another delay from the Army til June. I just really don't think Georgia wants us here.

But overall, life is good. We're alive, we're relatively healthy (ok we limp a lot) and we've had an amazing adventure. Yes dear friends and family, with the wipe out of the savings, we have to take a hiatus and try and build the coffers again. It's just insane to be out on the road with no back up. Until then, the pictures and updates will be on hold or only posted on a limited basis. However, I will be posting on Facebook when anything exciting happens to us (anyone want to start the pool on that one). A really really really big thank you to Scott for letting us homestead your backyard for awhile. Even though the end came earlier than we thought (23 months and 38,000 miles), we don't regret a mile driven or a dollar spent. It's something everyone should have the balls to do!

The following links will take you to the pictures and I've included our Facebook link just in case you wanna be friends. Hopefully we'll be back on the road before you know it. The new travel galleries in smugmug are #18, 19, 20 and 21.

PICTURES: http://oscarswildadventure.smugmug.com/Travel


FACEBOOK: http://www.facebook.com/Debbie.n.Dave

Remember to laugh til your belly hurts, love until your heart bursts and forgive everyone for every thing......it's the true path to happiness.

All our love,
Debbie & Dave

PS: We are taking donations......lmao.......


Advertisement



Tot: 0.086s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 9; qc: 51; dbt: 0.0363s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb