A different start


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Georgia » Savannah
March 10th 2024
Published: March 12th 2024
Edit Blog Post

On all of the previous trips, I recall leaving early in the morning and arriving in Bangkok late at night, maybe around 11:15 local time at luggage carousel 13? This time, the trip begins in the evening, departing in the evening. And now just getting an update that it’s a bit later than planned at 8:30. Luckily it’s a short flight to ATL, the next flight doesn’t leave until 11:45. I could have taken an earlier flight, but it’s already 34+ hours of travel. Who needs more time in the airport. With the late evening departure, I’m hoping it will be easier to sleep and transition to Bangkok time. Arrival is 1:15 Tuesday afternoon. Still a long time to travel. Seems there was some lady trying to board the flight who didn’t have any carry on bags, but had about a dozen-shirts on hangar, a coat, and some sort of fake fur wrap. The gate agents must have been expecting issues because 2 policemen were at the gate and “helped” this woman figure out how to pack and board the flight. Not too much of a scene, but an interesting start to the trip.

The 45 minute delay in Savannah made the Atlanta connection a bit close, but certainly took up any slack time between flights. Landed in ATL, walked to the gate and 5 minutes later boarded the flight. Last minute booking seem to have filled the plane. I had a family of 4 sprinkled around me, and ended up helping the 7 or 8 year old boy with seatbelts, TV, food tray, and food service. On the breakfast service, they cater more towards the Korean taste, and I had gotten the last western breakfast. The boy didn’t want the cold noodles, and asked the flight attendant for the eggs and sausage. She said there were no more, so I gave him mine. Wasn’t really hungry anyway. Right now, it’s 4:30am at the Inchon airport, and also it’s Tuesday March 12. Time flies when you’re stuck on an airplane. Nothing open and not many people here. We arrived an hour early because the headwinds were very low. It was just over 15 hours. Surprisingly it didn’t seem like a long trip. I did sleep for 3 or 4 hours out of ATL, but watched a 5 episode series of HALO and a couple movies. Just waiting for the phone to charge before I go for a walk around the airport. Still over 4 hours until the next flight. Once I get to Bangkok, I think I will be 11 hours ahead of East coast time.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.091s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 10; qc: 31; dbt: 0.0525s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb