Savannah GA


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Georgia » Savannah
February 2nd 2023
Published: February 6th 2023
Edit Blog Post

Jeffersonville GA – Savannah GA

Savannah Oaks RV Resort

Day 40 - 41



After a short run we arrived at Savannah Oaks RV Resort. It a very nice campground but it is very far from what I would call a resort. To quote Forrest Gump, “Life is like a box of chocolates, you never know what you're going to get.” Campgrounds are the same way.



When we book sites, we tell them we are traveling with Mark & Karen and would like to be next to each other. This time we were only two sites apart, but they had open sites right next to each other, sometimes you just can’t figure people out. The other interesting thing with this campground, is they do not have fire rings. You have to rent them. I have never seen a campground do this before. Over all the campground is nice, but not what I would call a “resort”.



Savannah was very nice, and the highlight was going to Paul Dean’s The Lady and Sons Restaurant. If you are ever in Savannah I highly recommend eating there. The food is served family style, and they will keep refilling the dishes for you. It is true southern cooking, very heavy, filling and DELICOUS. Paula still comes into the restaurant, and was there three days earlier. We had to settle for pictures with her cardboard cutout.



After lunch we walked through town and visited Chippewa Square. Chippewa Square is where the bench scenes from Forrest Gump where filmed. The bench is not there, it was just a prop for the movie.



Heading back to the campground, we found Nine Line Apparel Company and Black Rifle Coffee Company. Both companies were founded by and operated by veterans. Their clothing is manufactured in Savannah, and if we arrived earlier we could have had custom made shirts.



We spent Thursday night enjoying a campfire, making sure we got the most out of our fire ring rental fee.



Friday we are heading to Brunswick GA.


Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement



Tot: 0.068s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 8; qc: 48; dbt: 0.0412s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb