Dalton, Georgia


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Georgia » Dalton
September 23rd 2011
Published: September 23rd 2011
Edit Blog Post

This is my first blog entry. I should have been doing this for the past 3 months, but guess I'm just too lazy
.
We are in Dalton for the home show this weekend. We booked a room for a week - unfortunately we are on a tight budget so the motel is cheapo. Borderline funky. So - I personalized it some- we call it the "semi-home" look. Scrubbed the bathroom and sink area floors - three times in fact. Bought a shower curtain from the dollar store to replace the gross one. We put our own sheets on the bed and use our own pillows. This we do only when at a funky-type place. And of course burn lots of candles to counter the stinky old motel smell. The police make a regular drive through the parking lot. And the motel marquee advertises HBO, internet, playboy channels.
guess that sums up this place.

J saw his first cockroach. And found one on the bed - that really freaked him out till I convinced that no they would not run all over him during the night, no they don't bite or sting.

But - it is still nice to be in one place for a while. And smell the nice Georgia air. We took one day trip to Chattanooga - a place we definitely want to visit again.

Food - we went to several local places and found it to be mediocre, by our standards. The historic downtown is cute. We ate at a nice little cafe, I got excited about having an egg salad sandwich, only to find I had misread the menu and it was really an EGG sandwich, which I like and make at home but was hungry and disappointed not to have more substance to it - an egg sandwich being simply an egg, scrambled or fried, between two pieces of toasted white bread. AND it was the first time I have EVER seen egg sandwich on a menu. John's food was very disappointing to him. Another day we tried a BBQ place that says it was voted best in town. I had a grilled cheese sandwich - never much food for a veggie at these BBQ places. John was first excited by the place then really disappointed - shocked even 😊 The chicken was shredded and mushy and no flavor to the sauce. We are definitely spoiled by our NW food AND by his excellent cooking. However J is glad to be back in the land of good beer - he has found several places with a nice selection. That definitely makes him happier.

I will backtrack periodically to previous places we've been. I have been taking pictures everywhere, but just haven't had the time/energy/interest to get them posted. I'm hoping this particular blog spot is the suitable place. Sorry this one is a little uneventful - but after all it is 3AM, and my first try.


Advertisement



Tot: 0.059s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 9; qc: 48; dbt: 0.0334s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb