The Hike Resumes


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Georgia » Dahlonega
April 24th 2008
Published: May 1st 2008
Edit Blog Post

Our shuttle arrived about 12:30 for the run down to Springer Mtn. The ride down was scenic and restful with someone else driving. Stopped in Blairsville, Ga for a late lunch/early supper. Then it was off to the trail. We headed up the trail .9mi to reach the Summit of Springer and the official start North, this was 6:45PM. We made that distance in 30 minutes and CC looked to the sky then at me. "The sun is still fairly high, let's quit wasting time and walk." Off we went. We hiked until 8PM covering 2.5 miles ending up at the Stover Creek Shelter. There was no need for cooking, so the tent went up and we did a bit of socializing. "Phexen" a young man had his tent near ours and he came out to chat. He is about 20 and had very sun burnt arms. He had done 12 miles and was toasted. CC made a few comments about how to store his gear overnight as there had been a bear roaming the shelter site just before we arrived. The CC prayer technique appears to be working this year as well as it did last. We had had a long day and it was time for the bag so to bed we went.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.056s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 12; qc: 29; dbt: 0.0334s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb