Research


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Georgia » Atlanta
August 30th 2016
Published: June 25th 2017
Edit Blog Post

Geo: 33.7481, -84.3909

Yesterday and today, we did a lot of research. Yesterday, we visited the Charles Switzer Public Library in Marietta and the Roswell Public Library to look for records on the cemeteries in the area. We didn't find much of interest so didn't visit any of them. While we were driving around, we passed by Strickland Road in Roswell so stopped for a photo. We had a great lunch at Lucky's Burgers and Brew right down the street, too.

Today, we drove to Morrow on the south side of Atlanta to go to the Georgia Archives and next door to the Atlanta branch of the National Archives. We spent most of the day at the Georgia Archives finding everything Phil wanted to get there so we didn't need to go to the National Archives. We were able to leave shortly after 3 p.m. before the traffic got bad.

Both yesterday and today, we lucked out with the roads we were on seeing much heavier traffic on the other side of the median going in the opposite direction from us. There were two types of signs on the freeways that were somebody's good idea. One barred large trucks from the left-hand lanes and the other gave the time to certain points ahead with the added information on how far away those points were. We never saw any that indicated major slow-downs. The signs like that at home tell the time to certain points, but they don't say how far away you are. If you are not familiar with the area, then those signs are not helpful.

We had dinner at Seasons 52 which is outside the nearby Perimeter Mall. We took the time to walk in the mall for a little exercise before dinner both yesterday and today. There was a small flock of geese foraging in the grass right by the mall parking lot. They have been well acclimated to city life and did not mind us parking or driving beside them.



Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement



Tot: 0.22s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 10; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0634s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb