Welcome


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Georgia » Atlanta
October 1st 2007
Published: October 1st 2007
Edit Blog Post

Total Distance: 0 miles / 0 kmMouse: 0,0

The Tanzanita Trail

Here is our fund raising trail so far. It sort of looks like the wilderness wanderings doesn't it? That's okay, that means there's a promised land waiting for us!

Hujambo kila mtu! Greetings everyone! Welcome to our new blog site! Don't mean to confuse anyone, but I like the layout of this blog spot and believe it will be more condusive to our needs. We are in Georgia right now and staying with our good friend Lee Davis. Fund raising is going well and we are encouraged daily by our associations with different brethren. Last week we presented the work in Pensicola, Florida. We were able to visit with the Schrimsher and Winstead family as they were vacationing near by. From there we went on to Lake City, Florida and were able to stay with Ryan and Michelle Tuten. We met some good brethren and feel blessed to have been there. One person we met was Mr. Wes Coggins. He was such an encouragement to our family. He took us deep sea fishing on his boat- what a treat! It is encouraging just to be around this man. Ryan Tuten refers to him as a "Barnabas", and he is right! The congregation, as a whole, at Lake City was friendly, and like several others, seem genuinely interested in the work we will be doing in Tanzania.
This Wednesday we will be presenting the work here at North Cobb (in the Atlanta area). Friday we will be hitting the road again to drive to Hoover, AL to speak where Chuck Webster is preaching. We will visit at Adamsville, AL where Ronnie Hayes is preaching as well and speak to the elders there. From Alabama, it is off to the Lubbock Lectures. Sean is speaking on that program and we are looking forward to seeing many brethren there. A highlight for us will be seeing Gene and Carolyn Mullins as well as Cliff and Zinnia Sabroe from Visalia! It seems like ages since we've seen them and I can't wait to throw my arms around them and hug their necks! All you folks from Visalia, please know we love you and are missing you terribly! You are in our daily prayers. We pray, whoever you hire to preach in Visalia, will love it as much as we did and you will make a good team for the Lord.
I am still working on my Swahili (driving my family crazy!), and Maddie has become a pin pal to one of the other missionary's daughters in the Arusha area. We are each getting a little more excited about our move each day. The kids are being SO great about everything. We have been practically living out of a borrowed van (courtesy of David McCain in Mt. Pleasant, TX) lugging suitcases and displays everywhere we go. Despite the close quarters, the kid's complaining has been minimal, and they have even been a great source of encouragement on several occasions. You certainly can't ask for more than that from your kiddos! Race is getting over some kind of spider bite on his arm. We're not sure just where or when he got it, but it got real nasty before it got better. He is on antibiotics as well as applying antibiotic cream to the bite. It is just about gone now, so I guess he will get to keep his arm😊.
For those of you who have not seen our other blog site, you can view it at tanzanita.blogspot.com. I won't be updating that blog site any more as one blog spot is about all I can handle at a time, and two just aren't needed. Thanks to all of our family, friends, and supporters. We love you all and do thank our God for you daily. You are a true blessing in our lives. We are blessed people. God bless you all and keep you in His tender care- Love, the Hochdorfs- Romans 10:15

Advertisement



Tot: 0.151s; Tpl: 0.014s; cc: 11; qc: 53; dbt: 0.0441s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb