God Bless America


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Georgia » Atlanta » Midtown
September 11th 2012
Published: September 11th 2012
Edit Blog Post

You know what today is. I always feel different on this day. I never want to go to work on this day. I want to stay home and watch TV...but I had to work.

Ken and I have been sick since we moved in to this apartment. It's really nice looking but is very humid. It smells like mold/mildew. When we rented it, the owner had many candles lit. That should have been a clue. I think we were anxious and excited to get settled. Don't do that. Take your time. Thankfully we only agreed on one month. So last weekend we looked for apartments and found one downtown. I've never lived in a downtown. We are excited and hope we made a good choice. We signed a 7 month lease. It is not furnished, so we will be going to IKEA!!! It is walking distance to parks, shops, restaurants, bars, theaters and the Georgia Tech campus. Ken told our landlord today we will be leaving at the end of the month and she gave us our deposit back.

Ken is kind of bored; although he has been sick. He actually took a nap today! He has been reading, exercising and running errands. We have lunch together every day. He said he is trying to learn to relax. The weather has been nice since Sunday. The humidity has dropped and the sun is shining. In the morning you can feel a little chill in the air!!!

We are going to be glad to get out of this neighborhood. Although the street we are on is lusciously green and mostly residential, as we drive around, we are kind of in a bad area. I count at least 4 'gentlemen's clubs' or whatever you call them within a mile of here.

Work is fine. So far I am not doing much. My mentor is out of town this week, so I read documents, take walks and try to look busy. Everyone is nice. It was two girls' birthdays today, so there was cake...lots of cake.

We may go to see the girls this weekend. Waiting to here from April. If not, we will shop at IKEA and think about our move. There is a music festival at Piedmont Park Sept 22 so we hope to be settled in the new apartment.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.421s; Tpl: 0.03s; cc: 12; qc: 50; dbt: 0.1935s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb