Connecting with McAndrews - new missionaries


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Georgia » Athens
September 4th 2016
Published: June 14th 2017
Edit Blog Post

Geo: 33.9581, -83.3733

After a nice breakfast that Benji fixed for us (cinnamon rolls), we left for Bill and Bev's Church. It was mission sunday, so we heard 5 different missionary couples speak about their work in Africa and Mexico.

We left at 10:15 after the service and drove towards Athens. It took us an hour to get to the city, and we found a Starbucks so I could do some much needed computer work.

I filled out my Travelpod/blog.

Then we met up with Scott and Lilliana McAndrews at the On the Border. Glenn and I shared a fajita dinner for one. It was interesting to learn how Scott and Lilliana met - through Christian Mingle, an Internet dating site. She is from Guatemala. Her father works at TGNA radio station. So, she knows most of the CAM missionaries, especially folks like Wayne and Marievelia Berger and Steve and Elisa Sywulka.

After the lunch, we followed them to their afternoon (3:30pm) church service - it is a new Church plant. We just stayed for the worship and testimonies, then got in the RAV 4 and drove the 1 hour back to Toccoa, GA. We stopped at Wal-mart and purchased some stuff for our Labor Day picnic/cook-out that we will have with Royers and Lengkeeks tomorrow.

I did chat with Karen for a bit this afternoon, and I was also working my "inBox"


Advertisement



Tot: 0.162s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 13; qc: 46; dbt: 0.058s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb